On Travelling and Late Night Curfew

So yesterday I visited Nat Geo's Travelling workshop, with a couple friends of mine, held at Title Waves, Bandra West. It was pretty difficult to find that bookstore unless you know the streets of Bandra West properly. That being said I did not thankfully get lost and I somehow managed to find the bookstore after asking every second passer-by there!

As a result I ended up reaching the event 10 minutes late but I didn’t miss out much. What happened after that was a real eye opener for me! The entire bookstore was engrossed in the discussion and every single person there was an avid traveller! I mean there were literally varieties of people there. There were some people who wanted to sleep under a streetlight (in their checklist, which she did cross out), cyclists who had gone everywhere with their cycles, mothers encouraging their daughters to travel (even if money was dawdling in the bank) and the most important part of interacting with the locals and also travelling safe. It was really an amazing session. I met this guy who makes a living out of photography and I was absolutely stunned. Like he just takes photos and that is his job! And I also met this writer (unable to categorise her genre which is somewhat mystic and dark) at the event. In the end I was really happy I went for it!

And after the event got over I was super hungry so we decided to go to Bandra Bandstand at 9.45 PM.

Yeah this is the first time I’d ever stayed out so late. So we went to the CafĂ© Coffee Day and I ordered a Matcha Green Tea Frappe which came super late and tasted of coffee.
And I hate coffee, that bitter tasting beverage. I’m more of a sweet person.

So I had to return it and wait for them to make my drink again and by then it was 10.20. They gave me some other drink which was bland but I didn’t care ‘because I was hungry and annoyed. So I just drank it.

Bandstand is really dark in the night. It was my first time there but it is a nice place though it’s not so good under the cleanliness forte. So we were just walking along Bandstand for like half an hour or so talking about Uber, Ola and App driven taxis and autos. And I finally reached home at 11.
And let’s not forget I was a bit edgy about being late but I was really shocked to see so many people and vehicles out at 11. It was a nice experience though.
Glad to have experienced it!

2 comments :

  1. bandra train station kita super chicken tandoori irukum. taste of bandra by the community is over there :P unhygienic but btr than ccd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then fortunately i didn't have to go to the station that day :D

      Delete

"Every Scrap in an entry,
Will become a part of my memory! :)"

-My Scrapbook