Sometimes I just can't stop thinking enough to turn off

[209] - help
The Girl with Glass Feet, Ali Shaw
This was a very difficult book to find. I remember reading a review about it in 2009; I guess when the book was first published, in the newspaper. I wanted to read it immediately. After that I began hunting for that book. What really annoyed me was that it wasn’t available in any of the stores like Landmark, Crossword or Higginbotham. I even tried searching it online but they were out of stock and later on they weren’t selling it anymore! I even thought about reading the e-book version of it but scratched the idea off because I wanted it paperback. There is something about printed books that puts it on a notch up higher compared to e-books.
And finally! One day (this year) while I was walking from the station to my aunt’s house there was this second hand book store and as I was gazing through the book shelf my eyes fell upon the familiar shades and text of this long lost book I was searching and I yelped with joy. I felt like I had found Pandora’s Box or something.

The story progresses gradually. Ali Shaw did a good job in portraying the locations very well. You can find yourself in an eerie island of monochrome hue throughout the story. Honestly, there isn’t much colour in the story or the characters (literally) but that is what fits in perfectly with the plot. The lives of the characters are explained inexplicably as they are all related to each other which rather create a monotonous drag. The imagery is almost perfect and the emotions are felt to the core. The ending however was climatic.
All that is there to it is that it is not your everyday fairy tale story. It’s got its own twist of science sprinkled with a realistic touch.

I was fairly disappointed though. It must have been because I was waiting for a very long time to read this book!

4 comments :

  1. wow I really like your blog! following you now, hope you'll do the same ♥
    LUSCIOUS STYLE
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm just like you, i need to hold the book in my hands to really get into it. i can't deal with e-readers, they feel just plain wrong! paperback all the way. this book sounds lovely! sorry it wasn't everything you expected, but at least you could cross it off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before but ah yay for finally finding it! Fate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

"Every Scrap in an entry,
Will become a part of my memory! :)"

-My Scrapbook