And it’s that time of the year again


It’s definitely not the award season. It’s the game season and it’s that time of the year when the whole (a very big whole) family reunites. It’s summer.

I can hear myself sigh mentally when I mutter summer. First of all I am not a big fan of the games that is cricket. Summer is the IPL season. IPL is the Indian Premier Leagues and it is 20-20 cricket. 20-20 cricket is the only form of cricket which I can tolerate. I loved watching it when I was in school. But now that I am in college I hardly get any tv and when I come home the whole family is cuddled in front of the tv completely cut off from the world, I get pissed. So I basically hate cricket now. But I just like supporting the team I favour and raising my eye occasionally when they either score a lot of runs or take a lot of wickets. The one good thing that comes out of this family tv time is that I get my peace of mind.
And then there is this, the family reunion thingy. I live in Mumbai but I study in Chennai. The entire family resides in Chennai. So in summer when it is vacation time for everybody, cousins pour in from all corners of India here in Chennai. It’s basically a month full of fun provided I am with the right cousins. And then how can I forget? This is India and it’s June during summer which is nothing but a binge wedding month.

I’ve attended more weddings this year than I could ever in my lifetime! We’ve got two weddings this month in a week. So I’ll be packing stuff and moving from place to place, eating lots and getting tired like shit. The only good part would be I’d be carrying my camera. When I’m taking photos I go into this trance like state where I forget about everything surrounding me and just focus on the photo and composition. Sometimes, or rather most of the time, my camera is my saviour.

After all this is over which would be like after the first week of June I’d finally be going to Mumbai. I missed it so much. I never thought I would miss it as much as I miss it now.
I can’t wait to go back home. It has been such a very long time, really.
By the way I’m resuming my project 365. I’m going to splurge upload because I am heavily lagging and I think the year was already over on March 22, 21014. But then I plan on finishing it unlike my 52 week project which I just dropped off.
So do check it out and follow me on my instagram: @jathdreams for more updates.

9 comments :

  1. Our summer is pretty much a sport one with
    the soccer worldcup in Brazil c:
    I love going to weddings :P nice excuse to buy
    new dresses and shoes haha Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer this year will be different. I'm currently applying for a formal internship to have on my summer and waiting for the results now! *crossing finger* I hope you can find something exciting to do during summer; wedding parties everywhere here too and I wonder why? ^^ Have a nice day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! Internships! Nice! Few of my friends have also applied for it even though we are still in the first/second year.
      And take a wild guess why there are weddings everywhere? My cousins are finally growing up :P

      Delete
  3. Oh nothing about driving is written here :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was talking about all summers generally :P

      Delete
  4. Wow sounds like you've got a busy summer lined up. Cricket's big here too but I've never been able to get into it, I have nooo idea what goes on haha!

    ReplyDelete

"Every Scrap in an entry,
Will become a part of my memory! :)"

-My Scrapbook