My Rollercoaster

Isn’t it amazing how you are thrown to college all of a sudden in your life of unexpected twists and turns? It is like one of the best roller coaster rides in life ever. We experience a newly found freedom which is quiet addictive and it is only after that when we begin to explore and have fun with life. Well that’s the case for me atleast.

Honestly speaking whatever has happened to me in college is truly unexpected. First of all I had no plans of doing engineering and here I am doing that. I thought that I’ll hate this college but somehow I’m able to bear with it. The only thing which I was expecting to was the hostel life which I really enjoy!

After living in hostel I’ve understood the importance of having people around (Even though there are some days where I won’t give a damn about anyone and would feel like having a go at the world with my thoughts – solitude to be more precise). When we are in hostel we’ll always have that one friend whom we’d love to tag along with no matter what. And I observed that over here too. Strong bonds have formed after the end of one semester.
And I love talking about shitty, stupid and fun stuff with my best friend(s)!

I’ve begun to realize that eating at the mess is kind of like a ritual. I go to the mess at 7.30 with Teju (bestie) and I pray the food I eat that day should fill the bottomless pit in my stomach! We eat in silence, not speaking as we eat. But once we are done, or rather like when I am done I start doodling on my plate with food. I really like this habit! I remember as a kid I used to draw yachts and ships on my plate and imagine them rowing against a storm in my head. Then Teju will speak about the dreams she has (which are really wild and fascinating) and I listen in awe and wonder how the hell she can remember her dreams! Often I keep staring into space and drift off into my imaginary world where my thoughts start building up unimaginable conspiracies and I’ll be snapped out of it by Teju. Occasionally we talk about our childhood and family and laugh at the fun times we had when we were kids.
I love going down memory lane over food. It somehow makes people grow closer and we’ll of course get to know each other better. It was only after this I understood the meaning of the phrase, “The family that eats together, stays together”, and I’ve begun believing in it too.
Ah well food connects people.
And food is tasty.
Period.
Cheese burger with extra bacon and Happy Jack @ Sandy's

7 comments :

  1. Sounds really good. I'm not too sure about the hostel-thing and if we have this is my country, but it sounds really nice. Also eating together with your best friend occasionally and taking trips down memory lane. Food is pretty awesome indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how the hostel life is in other countries too. Moreover this hostel is a part of the college so I guess that is why they have mandatory guidelines :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like college has been a good experience for you :) I love how that dessert is in a beaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is! :D And Sandy's is a "chocolate experimenting lab" :D So all the food is served in chemistry lab equipment! Isn't that like really cool?? :D :D :D Kind of reminds me of Breaking Bad :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, lovely photos by the way. Feel free to check out our newest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/comme-as-you-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your college is bearable c: And the hostel life as well!
    Food indeed connects people ^__^ Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that freedom is addictive! I am currently seeking of my own experiences out there! College life may seem hard but now I believe it is the most fun thing I would have in my entire life! I love to have a chat about imaginary world and dreams too, it never dies in my mind as I grow old. :D Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete

"Every Scrap in an entry,
Will become a part of my memory! :)"

-My Scrapbook