Unlock


The essence of the cherry blossom was felt throughout the whole forest. It smelled pure and right. I could feel my soul being drawn to it. It’s pink and light colours soothed my mind. Even though I remember seeing it vaguely on my way home I could never lose the feeling of its presence. I can even now picture that tree. Empty branches withered of happiness. Yet a few buds clung on to it not willing to lose hope. They were ready to begin again in spring.

I was always a practical thinker. But when I saw the cherry blossom tree I felt it blossom in my own heart and I could feel the purity within it flow through me. It was the sole survivor of an epidemic just the way I was. I was the only one to have my life spared when I saw my whole family slaughtered before my own eyes. So yes, I knew what it felt to be lonely and not having your own kin by your side when you need them the most. And that’s why it is my duty to save this sole survivor too.

I didn’t take the dare serious at first. But when I came closer to the tree I could its need. Its need to touch me to revive it just the way it’d revived my emotionless heart. I was only five paces away from it and I knew this was a test of courage and believability. i moved forward and the distance between us reduced to nil. And then I touched it.

As soon as I’d touched it I could feel all the emotions and feelings it’d trapped within itself. All of them entered into my heart in an upsurge to fill in the hollow empty space I’d within me. And finally it ended. I was filled with emotions I never knew before. I could happiness and sadness and so many other feelings and it all felt new to me. I closed my eyes for a moment and opened them again to see that the tree had shrivelled off and nothing was left of it.

Except for a small seed. I picked it up and planted it in a warm and damp place. I knelt down to and whispered, “Thank you for unlocking the feelings of my heart.”

Reply to a prompt at 3WW.
Oh! And by the way, my exams are finally over! :)


Posted by Tharangni

4 comments :

  1. Except for a small seed. I picked it up and planted it in a warm and damp place. I knelt down to and whispered, “Thank you for unlocking the feelings of my heart.” A lovely ending :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written. You have a skill at evoking moods an images that I wish I'd had when I was your age.

    wisewit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your posts.. :))
    You're such a great writer!!! I love your theme too. Blue. ♥

    btw, can I just ask something? ..
    ahmm I wonder how can I have a comment box like this on my blogger too. Sorry for asking.

    ReplyDelete

"Every Scrap in an entry,
Will become a part of my memory! :)"

-My Scrapbook