Erupted : 3WW #4


The smoke of sulphur from the Eyjafjallajokull mountain in Iceland smelled like rotten eggs. A true disgrace for the sense of smell. The ashes were thick and were almost blinding one’s view. Nothing was visible after a distance of 3 feet. One could feel their health deteriorating after inhaling the smoke.
The volcano was beginning to ignite just like fire coming from a spark. The mountain top was filled with black clouds and the volcano looked ready to erupt.
The people looked like ants when compared to the mountain and they all began to evacuate and they departed the nearest possible vehicle which could take them to safety and away from the mountain, since it was beginning to boil and was almost out.
And then finally, the volcano erupted and ate the whole city.
P.S: I don't know any information about the mountain's eruption except for its name and location. So whatever else which is written is purely fictional and has no relevance to any thing else and is a mere piece from my imagination.
This post has been posted by me as a part of 3WW for the date 28th April 2010 and the words are: Depart : Ignite : Rotten

Posted by Tharangni

9 comments :

  1. Wow! I love this use of the volcano... (I have to confess, I didn't even know its name I have just called it "That volcano in Iceland... shame on me!)

    Your words are sparse and lovely... not debilitating like the volcanic eruption! Hooray!

    Read my 3WW offering here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead good! love the poetic licence here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for the late reply~~!
    i was sooooo tired yesterday o(T△T)o

    anyway yeah you should read
    life as we knew it XDXD

    the story is full of mystery
    & i've finished reading it~~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very descriptive, I could see the ant-like people and smell the volcano.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm glad it didn't eat the whole city, but the rest was pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well-done piece on a timely subject! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well..you used the 3 words..creatively..i salute your great imagination!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powerful imagery and well done.

    -Tim

    http://timremp.blogspot.com/2010/04/hiram-grange-devils-dancers.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. a good story as written especially so the end.... shine

    ReplyDelete

"Every Scrap in an entry,
Will become a part of my memory! :)"

-My Scrapbook