Do-Re-Mi... (The Sound Of Music)

Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound of Music is a 1965 musical film directed by Robert Wise and starring Julie Andrews in the lead role. The film is based on the Broadway musical The Sound of Music, with songs written by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, and with the musical book written by the writing team of Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse. Ernest Lehman wrote the screenplay.
"Do-Re-Mi" is a show tune from the 1959 The Sound of Music. Within the story, it is used by Maria to teach the notes of the major musical scale to the Von Trapp children who learn to sing for the first time, even though their father has disallowed frivolity after their mother's death. The song is notable in that each syllable of the musical solfege system appears in its lyrics, sung on the pitch it names.
*I heard this song in a CD which I got from Reader's Digest, The Best Songs of the 20th Century. Well Do-Re-Mi is the in the 3rd CD and in whole there are 5 CDs. Then later I browsed for the video in Youtube, and I found it!. And now I am going to share that song video with you. Enjoy*

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Every Scrap in an entry,
Will become a part of my memory! :)"

-My Scrapbook